33rd Annual EVVY Awards
I was very fortunate to have been honored at the 33rd Annual EVVY Awards held this year at Emerson College. Modeled after the EMMY Awards and other awards shows, the EVVYs is the largest student-run multi-camera awards show in the country. This year I was honored to received 10 nominations in total and blown away by walking home with 3 awards in hand.
In addition to being nominated, I was also one of the 300 Emerson students working on the show’s crew. I was the Front of House Mix Assistant this year, working alongside Virginia – one of my fellow WERS Live Mix Engineers – to make everything inside the Cutler Majestic Theater sound beautiful. It was an interesting experience working with a split audio team as half of our team was in the theater and half of the team was working on the broadcast mix 8 floors above the theater. Not to mention all of the audio team members onstage wrangling talent and microphones in the dark throughout the show.
Thank you to everyone who was a part of my submitted works – they would not have happened without you! Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees who continue to create beautiful pieces of works across all of the disciplines at Emerson.
This year my nominations were:
– Outstanding Cinematic Achievement | “Life’s A Happy Song”
– Outstanding Animated Program | “New Exhibit”
– Outstanding Short Video | “Play Me, I’m Boston’s” | Winner
– Outstanding Short Video | “Life’s A Happy Song”
– Outstanding Live Audio Mix | “Morton’s Fork” – Typhoon | Winner
– Outstanding Live Audio Mix | “Lover, She’s Waiting For You” – Samantha Farrell
– Outstanding Live Audio Mix | “The Letterbomb” – Milagres
– Outstanding Online Media | “Life’s A Happy Song” | Winner
– Outstanding Online Media | “Play Me, I’m Boston’s”
– Outstanding Advertisement | “#NominateYourself”
For more information about the EVVY Awards, please visit their website.
I hope to see you at the 34th Annual EVVY Awards in 2014!